Skip to main content

Nailstorming : Tiens-toi à Carreaux!

Hi guys! It's Sunday already... so I have a "Nailstorming" manicure for you =) The theme of today is: "Tiens-toi à carreaux!". It's a French idiom meaning behave, stick to the rules. But the word "carreau" is the french for tile/windowpane/check and that was the real theme of this Sunday. 

I thought the theme would be easy but I was wrong... I tried to do quilted nails, but the result was ugly. My second idea was to use a magnetic polish and the grid design of China Glaze Magnetix II magnet but the design didn't show up on my nails :( The third mani, wasn't great either, but 3 nail arts was enough for me and I gave up! So, I'm sorry for what you will see below :/


Yeah I know, the lines aren't straight or even... it's not pretty but the other manis were worst :( My very first idea was to use my Konad plate m60, but I thought it was "too easy" and I wanted to freehand the design... I guess I overestimated myself  :/ 


But I have to say that I do like the colors I used, I think they look great together. So it's not a complete disaster...


For this mani, I used Cult Nails Mind Control as the base color. Then, I did the lines with Cult Nail Morning Glory and Flexbrush White.


And now, I'm going to catch up all the manis I missed this week.


Comments

  1. You definitely did NOT overestimated yourself, this is PERFECT!!! I so so LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SYONP #08: Another skittlette...

Hi guys! Today I'm showing you another Swatch Your Old Nail Polishes manicure with a skittlette that I did last September.

Red Dog Designs - Strawberry Shortcake [Berry Friends Collection]

Hi everyone! I got the amazing Berry Friends collection by Red Dog Designs in the mail this week and I couldn't wait any longer... I had to swatch them all!!!
I'll start with Strawberry Shortcake, cause there would be no Berry Friends without Strawberry Shortcake! =)

Born Pretty Store // Nail Foil Review.

Hi guys! Today - well tonight for me - I'm showing you another product I received from Born Pretty Store.