Skip to main content

Review: Born Pretty Store Gold Embossed Stickers

Gah, it feels so good to not wake up at 4:30 am :) :) :) #loveholiday :P Ready for another review? 


So today, on the first day of my holiday - I just like to write/hear it ♥ Sorry, haha - I'm reviewing gold embossed stickers that you can buy on Born Pretty Store. I applied them on Elevation Polish Pic du Gar, an awesome purple polish (swatches on its own here).





How I used the stickers : peel off a whole line sticker, apply it on a nail, cut it, apply the rest on the next nail, cut it and so on. I chose other stickers for the accent nail. Be careful, cause they stick VERY well!!! :P I tried to move the one on my pinky and I almost remove my nail polish! I also read (only few minutes ago) that you can plunge the stickers into water before sticking them onto your nail. Wish I read this before... maybe it helps to place the stickers without removing your polish!

I DID NOT use topcoat in the pics ↑above↑. Why? Cause this mani was my second try! Want to see my first try WITH top coat? Here is it :


It's hard for me to explain it in a proper English but the gold on the stickers has been "dissolved" by the topcoat I used. So some parts of the stickers were now silver, and my nail tips weren't peach anymore. Look at my (awful) orange tips :( I don't like orange, peach is ok but orange... not my color (Sorry Jin XD).


Below, you can see some silver (next to I'm Anaa!), a mix of gold/silver and melted gold around the sticker.


I was sooo happy with this mani and my topcoat ruined it! *Polish info: I used Color Club Snow-Flakes (a gift from my friend Ana for Christmas)  over Kiko 359 Light Peach. With the gold stickers on top, this mani was just fabulous*

After this little disaster, I tried the 3 topcoats I had in my stash and they all dissolve the gold. Cult Nails Wicked Fast (used in the pics) - Poshé Super-fast drying topcoat - Kiko Gel Look. The Kiko one was the "less worst" lol, but it makes bubbles everywhere :(

So my advice : do some tests before applying a topcoat on your nails! OR do not use topcoat at all. I'm not sure how long it will last without though... 

If you find a gold-friendly topcoat please tell me!!! These stickers are so beautiful that I'm planning on playing with them again, but I need to know which topcoat to use! :P

You can buy the stickers I reviewed HERE for $5.02. If you use my code "AAL91" you get 10% off. Don't forget to check out all the nail art supplies they have and that shipping is FREE!

10

You can follow Born Pretty Store here :
* These stickers were sent to me for my honest review. Please see my disclosure page for more information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SYONP #08: Another skittlette...

Hi guys! Today I'm showing you another Swatch Your Old Nail Polishes manicure with a skittlette that I did last September.

Born Pretty Store // Nail Foil Review.

Hi guys! Today - well tonight for me - I'm showing you another product I received from Born Pretty Store.

Red Dog Designs - Strawberry Shortcake [Berry Friends Collection]

Hi everyone! I got the amazing Berry Friends collection by Red Dog Designs in the mail this week and I couldn't wait any longer... I had to swatch them all!!!
I'll start with Strawberry Shortcake, cause there would be no Berry Friends without Strawberry Shortcake! =)