Skip to main content

Day 8 || Metallic

Hello there! Today is the metallic day :)
For this mani, I used 3 untrieds and my design is inspired by the nails of 2 of my friends: Jin Jit from Superficially Colorful (she made an amazing tutorial!!!) inspired herself by the sweet Rachel from Polished Criminails (who started this amazing Untrieds challenge) :P Her manis are more beautiful than mine though... 


I first paint all my nails with OPI Just Spotted the Lizard (2 coats - scroll down to see pics of JStL alone). Then, I thought this mani was too simple... and I remembered that my lovely friend Jin Jit has made a tutorial for a mani using striping tape. I don't have enough untried metallic polishes so I change a bit the design!



I applied the striping tape cuts and paint my nails with Sephora Moody Woman, and Sephora Midnight Crawl on my ring finger. I don't have lots of french polishes cause they are way too expensive!!! I bought those when I was looking for a mini polish for the cute little girl of my friend Jacki fom Adventures in Acetone.
I consider them as minis, as they only contain 5 mL, but they're actually full size!!! 15 mL doesn't exist for Sephora polishes! And of course mini bottles, but full size prices! They're not really expensive, but 5€ (~$6.50) is a bit expensive for only 5 mL... But, despite the price I bought them anyway, lol! Only because at this time, I couldn't find shades like that anywhere else! and compared to other polishes sold in France it's cheaper.. $28 for a Dior (10 mL) but it's Dior, ahah XD or $20 for an O.P.I (15 mL → $6.67 for 5 mL)

Now let's take a look at Just Spotted the Lizard :)

with flash
natural light
natural light
I won't tell you how many photos I took of this polish XD 
Duochromes and camera... they don't really get along with each other, lol!


Untrieds used:
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard
Sephora Midnight Crawl
Sephora Moody Woman


See you tomorrow for my rainbow mani!

Comments

  1. I think this is my favorite manicure from all the metallic submissions - so beautiful and well executed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, you're sweet ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SYONP #08: Another skittlette...

Hi guys! Today I'm showing you another Swatch Your Old Nail Polishes manicure with a skittlette that I did last September.

Born Pretty Store // Nail Foil Review.

Hi guys! Today - well tonight for me - I'm showing you another product I received from Born Pretty Store.

Red Dog Designs - Strawberry Shortcake [Berry Friends Collection]

Hi everyone! I got the amazing Berry Friends collection by Red Dog Designs in the mail this week and I couldn't wait any longer... I had to swatch them all!!!
I'll start with Strawberry Shortcake, cause there would be no Berry Friends without Strawberry Shortcake! =)